Are you looking to slow some of your money down? Not exactly sure how to do that? We can help
We are in the process of assembling partnerships with fellow organizations around the state. These partnerships will help build a support ecosystem for small, local enterprises and allow us to better serve the needs of entrepreneurs in our area.
What does that mean for people like yourself that want to invest locally? Well… it means that regardless of what amount or type of investment you are looking to make, we have a vehicle for you. Not really even sure what that means? Here’s an example:
- Do you have $5 or maybe $150 that you would like to invest in a small, local food company?
- Do you not really care if you make much on that investment, but you want to atleast get your money back?
If this sounds like you, we have a partnership that we are working on that will allow you to do just that. It may not seem like it’s even worth your time to invest that much, but what if 100 other people just like you did the same thing? Well then, that local, pastured egg producer would have enough money – via an interest free loan – to buy a couple more portable chicken houses and could bring more clean, healthy eggs to the Austin area.
Here’s another example:
- Do you have $1000 that you would like to lend to a baker that makes the bread you buy at the store every week?
- Would you like to make a little interest on your money, while helping that baker with her new packaging design?
- Do you know a handful of others that like that same bread and are interested in helping the baker out?
If this sounds more like you, then we have a great model for how you can get together as a group and lend your money to that baker, so that she can redo her packaging and start selling it in more local stores. Not only that, you will be earning interest at a rate about 5-10 times higher than if that money sat in your savings account at the bank. Plus, when the baker repays you, you can find another great business you love and do the same thing over again – or don’t – it’s up to you.
If you’d like to learn more about all of this, check back here often or contact us. We’d love to tell you how to make all of this happen in your community – our community!